Updated: April 13, 2020
GET INCLUSIVE owns or operates websites. These websites and the services available thereon and other services GET INCLUSIVE may make available from time to time (together with associated and successor websites and services) are referred to as the “Service”.
THIS AGREEMENT GOVERNS YOUR USE (AND THAT OF ANY PERSON YOU PROVIDE ACCESS TO USE) OF THE SERVICE. YOU AGREE BY USING OR ACCESSING THE SERVICE, OR BY PROVIDING ACCESS TO ANOTHER PERSON TO USE THE SERVICE, TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT, YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO USE THE SERVICE OR TO PROVIDE ANOTHER PERSON WITH ACCESS TO USE THE SERVICE. IF YOU USE THE SERVICE, THIS AGREEMENT WILL APPLY TO YOU UNLESS GET INCLUSIVE AND AN ENTITY GRANTING YOU A RIGHT OF ACCESS TO THE SERVICE EXPRESSLY AGREED IN WRITING THAT SOME OR ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT WILL NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Access to the Service.
2.1. Subject to your acceptance of and compliance with this Agreement, GET INCLUSIVE grants to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable limited license to use the Service for your personal non-commercial, private use. You agree not to use the Service for any commercial purposes, or to download, save, copy, transmit or distribute the content of the Service, including without limitation on any other website or networked computer environment, except as specifically allowed in this Agreement. Your use of the Service is conditioned upon your compliance with this Agreement; any use of the Service in violation of this Agreement will be regarded as an infringement of GET INCLUSIVE’s copyrights in and to the Service.
2.2. GET INCLUSIVE may change, modify, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of the Service at any time unless you have a separate written agreement with GET INCLUSIVE for delivery of the particular Service in question, in which case any suspension or termination of the Service shall be governed instead by such written agreement. Such change, modification, suspension or discontinuation can be for any reason and is not limited to your breach of this Agreement. GET INCLUSIVE may also impose limits on certain features or restrict or prohibit your access to parts or all of the Service without notice or liability. You agree to be bound by any application-, tool- or content-specific rules published within the Service.
2.3. You expressly agree that the content of the Service may be viewed and accessed only by end users (i.e., you, your employees (if you are not an employee yourself), students (if you are not a student yourself) and your Entity), and not by any other website or web publisher (e.g., you assisting in the “scraping” of content is expressly forbidden).
- Use of the Service by Minors. Individuals under the age of 18 may not use the Service unless their Entity enters into an agreement with GET INCLUSIVE that allows such individuals to use the Service. In the event that you authorize a minor to, or provide a minor with access to, use the Service, you hereby agree to this Agreement on behalf of yourself and such minor, and you understand and agree that you will be responsible for all uses of the Service by the minor to whom you provide access to use the Service whether or not such uses were authorized. Alternatively, in lieu of you, a parent or guardian of the minor may agree to this Agreement on behalf of him or herself and such minor, so long as the parent or guardian agrees in writing that he or she is responsible for all uses of the Service under the Agreement by such minor, whether or not such uses were authorized.
- Intellectual Property.
5.1. Unless otherwise specified in writing, all materials that are part of the Service are owned, controlled, or licensed by GET INCLUSIVE and its licensors and are protected by law from unauthorized use. The entire contents of the Service (including without limitation all visual content, audio visual content, text (including without limitation, exam and survey questions) (the “Content”), and the arrangement, sequence, structure, and organization of the Service, are copyrighted under the United States copyright laws and/or similar laws of other jurisdictions. GET INCLUSIVE and GET INCLUSIVE logos are trademarks of GET INCLUSIVE and may not be used without the express written permission of GET INCLUSIVE. You do not acquire any ownership rights by using the Service or downloading material from the Service, you have during this Agreement only the limited right to use the Service for your personal education.
5.2. If you elect to submit to GET INCLUSIVE any comments, feedback, suggestions, ideas and other submissions in connection with your use of or otherwise relating to the Service, whether in writing or orally (collectively, “Submissions,” but excluding any material to the extent it constitutes an “education record” under that federal law known as Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act), you agree in consideration of your use of the Service that GET INCLUSIVE may use such Submission (including reproduce, distribute, perform and display), modify such Submission, and act on such Submission (by executing on an idea, practicing a process, making, offering and selling a product, or creating further ideas, processes or products from or incorporating your Suggestion), in each case without owing any royalty or otherwise accounting to you, and you agree to not assert any right you may have in such Suggestion against GET INCLUSIVE or any party GET INCLUSIVE authorizes to act on the foregoing rights or any successor-in-interest to GET INCLUSIVE. You agree such rights may be exercised or further authorized anywhere in the world and will survive any termination of your account(s), the Service, or this Agreement. You represent and warrant that any Submissions are your original creations, that you have all rights to the Submissions, and that the Submissions do not infringe or violate the rights of any party, including without limitation any intellectual property rights or rights or privacy or publicity.
- Passwords. GET INCLUSIVE has several tools that allow you to record and store information in your account. You are responsible for all actions on the Service by you or under your Service password or account and for taking all reasonable steps to ensure that no unauthorized person shall have access to your Service password or account.
Without limiting the foregoing:
(a) you are responsible for all actions taken by individuals that you provide access to use the Service; and
(b) it is your sole responsibility to (i) control the dissemination and use of any login code and password; (ii) authorize, monitor, and control access to and use of your Service account and password; (iii) promptly inform GET INCLUSIVE of any need to deactivate a password. You grant GET INCLUSIVE and all other persons or entities involved in the operation of the Service the right to transmit, monitor, retrieve, store, and use any information recorded and/or stored in your account in connection with the operation of the Service.
- No Professional Advice. The Service and the Content are provided for informational purposes only. GET INCLUSIVE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL, LEGAL, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL, OR ANY PROFESSIONAL ADVICE NOR DOES THE SERVICE CONSTITUTE THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE, LAW, OR ANY OTHER PROFESSION. Any information provided to you by GET INCLUSIVE as a result of your participation in the Service is being provided to you solely for your educational and informational benefit and should not be considered medical, legal, or professional advice or a substitute for the foregoing. You agree that you bear all responsibility for your own decisions you may elect to make based on any information you learn in connection with the Service.
- Disclaimers; Limitations; Waivers of Liability.
10.2. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE GET INCLUSIVE PARTIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, PERSONAL INJURY/WRONGFUL DEATH, LOST OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS, LOST DATA, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, THE USE OR MISUSE OF SUBMISSIONS OR CONTENT IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICE, WHETHER OR NOT THE GET INCLUSIVE PARTIES ARE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN THE EVENT THAT THE FOREGOING EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY IS FOUND BY A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION TO BE UNENFORCEABLE, THE PARTIES INSTEAD AGREE THAT THE GET INCLUSIVE PARTIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR MORE THAN THE GREATER OF THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID GET INCLUSIVE IN THE NINETY (90) DAYS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DATE ON WHICH YOU FIRST ASSERT ANY SUCH CLAIM OR ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS.10.3. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THESE DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY APPLY TO ANY AND ALL DAMAGES OR INJURY WHATSOEVER CAUSED BY OR RELATED TO USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICE UNDER ANY CAUSE OR ACTION OF ANY JURISDICTION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ACTIONS FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE).
- Release. Unless you are a governmental organization, you forever release, discharge, and covenant not to sue the GET INCLUSIVE Parties from any and all liability, claims, actions, and expenses that may arise, whether caused by the negligence of the GET INCLUSIVE Parties, or otherwise, in connection with use of the Service or through or as a result of the Service. In other words, you agree that you cannot sue the GET INCLUSIVE Parties if anything happens to you, any individual that you provide access to use the Service, or your property in connection with use of the Service or through or as a result of the Service. You agree that the provisions in this paragraph will survive any termination of your account(s), the Service, or this Agreement.
- Third Party Claims. You agree to hold harmless the GET INCLUSIVE Parties from and against all third-party claims and actions brought against the GET INCLUSIVE Parties arising out of your use of the Service or that of any individual you provide access to use the Service and/or your breach or alleged breach, or that of any individual you provide access to use the Service, of any term, condition, obligation, representation or warranty in this Agreement, including by paying all attorneys’ fees and costs to defend such claims and actions and all awards, damages, costs and expenses arising therefrom. You agree that the provisions in this paragraph will survive any termination of your account(s), the Service, or this Agreement.
- Objectionable Content/Copyright Takedown. If you believe your rights have been violated by, or you otherwise object to, any posting, content or information on the Service, please contact us promptly at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can evaluate the claim and take appropriate action.
- Governing Law/Waiver of Injunctive Relief. Unless you are an Entity with a written agreement providing for a different governing law and process for resolving disputes, the following terms shall apply to you:
15.1. This Agreement and all aspects of the Service will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the United States and the State of New York governing contracts entered into and to be fully performed in the State of New York (i.e., without regard to conflict of laws provisions) regardless of your location. With respect to any disputes or claims not subject to informal dispute resolution or arbitration (as set forth below), you agree not to commence or prosecute any action in connection therewith other than in the state or federal courts located in the State of New York, and you hereby consent to, and waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction and forum non conveniens with respect to, venue and jurisdiction in the state and federal courts located in the State of New York. 15.2. To expedite resolution and control the cost of any dispute, controversy or claim related to this Agreement (“Dispute”), you and GET INCLUSIVE agree to first attempt to negotiate any Dispute (except those Disputes expressly provided below) informally for at least thirty (30) days before initiating any arbitration or court proceeding. Such informal negotiations commence upon written notice from one person to the other. You will send your notice to GET INCLUSIVE, Inc. (ATTENTION: LEGAL DEPARTMENT),
One Reservoir Office Park #205
Southbury CT, 06488
15.3. If you and GET INCLUSIVE are unable to resolve a Dispute through informal negotiations within 30 days, either you or GET INCLUSIVE may elect to have the Dispute (except those Disputes expressly excluded below) finally and exclusively resolved by binding arbitration. Any election to arbitrate by one party will be final and binding on the other. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ABSENT THIS PROVISION, YOU WOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT AND HAVE A JURY TRIAL. The arbitration will be commenced and conducted under the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures (the “Rules”) of JAMS, which is available at the JAMS website www.jamsadr.com. The determination of whether a Dispute is subject to arbitration will be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act and determined by a court rather than an arbitrator. Your arbitration fees and your share of arbitrator compensation will be governed by the Rules. The arbitration may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone or online. The arbitrator will make a decision in writing, but need not provide a statement of reasons unless requested by a party. The arbitrator must follow applicable law, and any award may be challenged if the arbitrator fails to do so. Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, you and GET INCLUSIVE may litigate in court to compel arbitration, stay proceedings pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.
15.4. You and GET INCLUSIVE agree that any arbitration will be limited to the Dispute between GET INCLUSIVE and you individually. To the full extent permitted by law, (a) no arbitration will be joined with any other; (b) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be arbitrated on a class-action basis or to utilize class action procedures; and (c) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public or any other persons.
15.5. You and GET INCLUSIVE agree that the following Disputes are not subject to the above provisions concerning informal negotiations and binding arbitration: (a) any Disputes seeking to enforce or protect, or concerning the validity of, any of your or GET INCLUSIVE’s intellectual property rights; (b) any Dispute related to, or arising from, allegations of theft, piracy, invasion of privacy or unauthorized use; and (c) any claim for injunctive relief.
16.1. The failure of GET INCLUSIVE to require or enforce strict performance by you of any provision of this Agreement or to exercise any right under them will not be construed as a waiver or relinquishment of GET INCLUSIVE’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
16.2. You and GET INCLUSIVE agree that if any portion of this Agreement, except any portion of Section 15.5, is found illegal or unenforceable, in whole or in part by any court of competent jurisdiction, such provision will, as to such jurisdiction, be ineffective to the extent of such determination of invalidity or unenforceability without affecting the validity or enforceability thereof in any other manner or jurisdiction and without affecting the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which will continue to be in full force and effect. If Section 15.5 is found to be illegal or unenforceable then neither you nor GET INCLUSIVE will elect to arbitrate any Dispute falling within that portion of Section 15.5 found to be illegal or unenforceable and such Dispute will be decided by a court of competent jurisdiction in the State of New York, and you and GET INCLUSIVE agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of that court.16.3. Miscellaneous. GET INCLUSIVE operates and controls the Service from its offices in North America. GET INCLUSIVE makes no representation that the Service is appropriate or available in other locations. The information provided on the Service is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject GET INCLUSIVE to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. Accordingly, those persons who choose to access the Service from other locations do so on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. This Agreement is effective until terminated by either party. You may terminate this Agreement by destroying all Service-related materials obtained from the Service, GET INCLUSIVE or any other website or source. The privileges granted to you under this Agreement will terminate immediately and automatically without notice from GET INCLUSIVE if, in our sole discretion, you fail to comply with any term or provision of this Agreement or for any reason in GET INCLUSIVE’s sole discretion. Neither the course of conduct between the parties nor trade practice will act to modify this Agreement to any party at any time without any notice to you. You may not assign this Agreement without GET INCLUSIVE’s prior written consent, which may be withheld in GET INCLUSIVE’s sole discretion, and any assignment without such consent shall be deemed null and void. Such anti-assignment provision shall not apply to any Entity that has a right to assign its written agreement with GET INCLUSIVE relating to the Service. This Agreement contains the entire understanding of you and GET INCLUSIVE, and supersedes all prior understandings between the parties concerning its subject matter, and cannot be changed or modified by you. The section headings used in this Agreement are for convenience only and will not be given any legal import. Upon GET INCLUSIVE’s request, you will furnish GET INCLUSIVE any documentation, substantiation or releases necessary to verify your compliance with this Agreement. You agree that this Agreement will not be construed against GET INCLUSIVE by virtue of having drafted it. You hereby waive any and all defenses you may have based on the electronic form of this Agreement and the lack of signing by the parties hereto to execute this Agreement.